Carla Turner, MD, FACOG
Dr. Carla Turner is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist practicing in the Las Vegas and Henderson area for more than 10 years. A Las Vegas native, she received her undergraduate degree in biology at UNLV and attended medical school at the University of Nevada School of Medicine. She was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, a prestigious honor bestowed upon the top 10% of the class. She then completed her residency at Texas Tech University of Health Sciences at Amarillo.
During her residency, she received the Intern of the Year Award and several research awards, and functioned as chief resident in her fourth year. Since 2000, she has been in private practice in the Las Vegas valley. Dr. Turner is a member of the Clark County Medical Society, Fellow in ACOG and the Nevada State Medical Society. She is active on the Peer Review Committee at St Rose San Martin and Parkway Surgery Center Safety Committee. She is also an associate professor at Touro University where she enjoys teaching medical students in their third year rotations in OB/GYN.
Dr. Turner enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking and horseback riding, spending time with her family and reading. She is an animal lover and owner of four dogs and three horses, many of which are rescues.
- Undergraduate – University of Nevada, Bachelor of Science
- Medical School – University of Nevada School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency – Texas Tech University of Health Sciences at Amarillo, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clark County Medical Society, Credentials Committee
- Nevada State Medical Society
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- St. Rose San Martin Peer Review Committee
- Parkway Surgery Center Patient Safety Committee
- Touro University Associate Professor
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society